Earnest Money

by Tom
(Park City, UT, US)

If I have earnest money in a property and have filed a notice of interest then the bank has foreclosed is there any hope in getting my earnest money back?

Response: About Your Earnest Money by Lanard

Hi Tom - thanks for the question! While I'm not a legal expert, it's crucial to grasp that if you've invested earnest money on a property and have filed a notice of interest, there's a real possibility that you could recover your earnest money even after a foreclosure. This potential for recovery should serve as a beacon of hope. However, it's vital to consult with a real estate attorney who can meticulously analyze the specifics of your situation and provide the most appropriate advice. The outcome may depend on local real estate laws and the details of your earnest money agreement. Given the intricacy involved, seeking professional legal advice is the wisest step to take.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Real Estate Questions.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.

Letters              Email Marketing      Articles    Lead Generation    Marketing Tips