How Not To Get Real Estate Leads
by Lanard Perry
Don't Work. Procrastinate!
You know this, but I'm going to say it anyway. Instead of thinking about "How to Get Real Estate Leads," you should be "doing" something about it!
More to the point, you can generate real estate leads in many ways, from using real estate flyers to expired listing systems and everything in between. However, at some point, you must implement what you've learned.
Waiting until you're an expert will likely make you miss many lead-generation opportunities. For example, why study how to farm expired listings for 3-4 months before...
- mailing your first letter?
- running your first ad?
- distributing your first flyer?
- getting an auto-responder?
- implementing a postcard marketing campaign?
- developing strategies for multiple streams of real estate leads?
The answer is that you should act immediately because the longer you put off implementing lead-generation strategies, the longer it'll take you to start generating income.
How long can you afford that? Not too long! So, decide on a target audience and do something! Here's a look at what not to do!
Five Strategies to Avoid Getting Leads
Below are some surefire ways to suck at generating leads! Of course, I'm not serious about what I'm about to tell you, but I sure had some fun writing it. So, take a chill pill, hang out for a few minutes, and have some fun, too! Ultimately, you'll be inspired to implement the proven lead generator strategies – even for agents who suck at it! Here goes!
1. Don't engage in direct mail campaigns. Since using real estate letters can lead to an ongoing stream of warm prospects, it's best to avoid mailing letters altogether.
2. Don't design, print, and distribute real estate flyers; electronically, hand to hand, or otherwise. Why? Because people like receiving colorful, engaging flyers with a strong call to action. So, please don't give them anything that might compel them to do business with you.
3. Don't Mail Postcards! Why? Because if people like flyers, they're wild about postcards, which are also proven lead generators. Print, design, or distribute any at all, and you're guaranteed to get zero results for your efforts.
4. Make sure your website has little content. Less than 200 pages ought to ensure that it'll get buried in the search engine rankings and be read by only you and a few others.
5. Never read up on how other agents generate real estate leads. If you don't know about their success, you've not lost anything...right?
That's it. I could go on for another 15 - 20 "things to not do to generate real estate leads," but I think these five make the point...which leads me to ask..." did you get it?"