Psst! Is there a Best Real Estate Lead Generation Strategy? One so effective at generating leads that it becomes the only one you use?
Sorry, the answer is no! In fact, there are an endless number of ways to generate leads, but the challenge is to find ones that best suit you;strategies that you can get and remain excited about. Following are ideas that just might do it for you.
1. Contact People You Know – whether you call, text, or mail or let people you know that you’re a newly licensed agent it’s a “must do” activity. Not only can it lead to immediate results for getting leads, listings, sales and referrals, it also creates a solid foundation from which future business opportunities are generated.
More than likely you’ll be surprised by how many people you know; family
members, friends, acquaintances, business owners, doctors, dentists,
physicians, attorneys, etc. And as you know, or will come to learn, real estate
sales is a numbers game and the more people who know and are reminded that you’re
a licensed agent the more likely your business will take root, grow and
2. Meet New People – no matter your personality
type, introvert or extrovert, you need to get comfortable with the idea of
meeting people. Since you need people to
be successful in real estate sales you need to get good at meeting people. Fortunately, there are many ways to do it
that might be a good fit for you, including:
*** Take a moment and add five ways that you can meet and engage people to add to your lead contact lists.
3. Make a Listing Presentation and/or Refresh the
One You Have – ask questions of potential clients to determine whether you’re
the best agent for them and that they are good clients to work with. Some of hat you need to know is what they
think and know. Questions like the
following will help tease out the information in order to make an informed decision.
4. Find Hidden Sellers in Buyers – tell me, what do you is the best source of
leads is it buyers, or sellers? I think
that they’re equally profitable and that with buyers in particular there’s an
important question that gets overlooked for perhaps too long… and here’s the
question: “do you currently own a home that you need to sell before buying a
If the answer is yes, you’ll have hit the trifecta of real estate sales; the potential of 1) getting a new listing, 2) selling that listing and3) selling the buyer homeowner a new home! Failure to ask the question could easily result in the homeowner buyer listing with another agent while looking for a new home with you. So don’t leave it to chance that you might eventually get a listing out of the deal, ask the question upfront and early on when you meet and or speak with them.
5. Showing Homes During Covid 19 – understandably, sellers may be concerned about potential buyers previewing their homes during the Covid. However, sensible precautions can make showings safe for all parties involved; sellers, buyers and agents. Things to do include:
Here’s a video that does an outstanding job discussing how to show properties during COVID 19 concerns.
6. Add Contacts to Your Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) – if you don’t have a CRM you need to get one, because sooner than later you’re going to need a way to stay organized and keep up with all of the people you know, want to do business with, are doing business with and want to do repeat business with… and a CRM is a great way to do it.
With a CRM you can provide follow-up on customer interests and nurture
relationships by providing useful and desired information, whether it’s via
regular phone calls, text messages, email messages, newsletters, flyers,
postcards and/or a combination of these communication methods.
Here's a challenge for you! Add 3 new contacts a day, 5 days a week and watch your prospect list grow by 15 people per week, 60 per month and swell to 720 per year. Sound too aggressive for you? Change the formula to just above your comfort level and you’ll still end up with an impressive # of new client contacts over a year’s time.
7. Get A Listing, Mail A Real Estate Listing Flyer! The message is simple, but the results can be awesome! Follow the process, then watch your commissions grow!
Admittedly, there are a near infinite number of ways to generate leads, but these seven can help you move things along in a steady and increasing way.
That's it for now and here's to your continued real estate marketing success!
Home > Real Estate Leads > Real Estate Lead Generation