How To Get Real Estate Leads
by Lanard Perry
Stop Procrastinating and Start Acting!
Instead of thinking about "How to Get Real Estate Leads" you should be "doing" something to get some!
More to the point, you can generate real estate leads any number of ways, from using real estate flyers to expired listing systems and everything in between. However, at some point in time you have to implement what you've learned.
Waiting until you think you're an expert on any one lead generation strategy will likely result in your getting few of them. For example, why study how to farm expired listings for 3-4 months before...
- mailing your first letter?
- running your first ad?
- distributing your first flyer?
- getting an auto-responder?
- implementing a postcard marketing campaign?
- developing strategies for multiple streams of real estate leads?
The answer of course is that you shouldn't wait, because the longer you put off implementing lead generation strategies the longer it'll take you to start generating income.
How long can you afford that? Probably not too long! So, decide on a target audience and do something to generate leads!
Five Strategies to Avoid Getting Leads
Below are some sure-fire ways to absolutely suck at generating leads. Of course, I’m not serious about what I’m about to tell you, but I sure had some fun writing them. So, take a chill pill and hang out for a coupe of minutes and have some fun, too! In the end I think you’ll be inspired to implement the strategies that are proven lead generators – even for agents who suck at it! Here goes!
1. Don't engage in direct mail campaigns. Since we know that using real estate letters can lead to an ongoing stream of warm prospect it's bet to avoid mailing letters altogether.
2. Don't design, print and distribute real estate flyers; electronically, hand to hand or otherwise. Why? Because people like receiving colorful engaging flyers with strong call to actions. So, don't give them anything that might compel them to do business with you.
3. Postcard Marketing. If people like flyers they're absolutely wild about postcards, which are also proven lead generators. Print, design or distribute any at all and you're guaranteed to get zero results for your efforts.
4. Make sure your web site has little web site content as you can possibly muster. Less than 200 pages ought to ensure that it'll get buried in the search engine rankings and be read by only you and a few others.
5. Never read up on real estate marketing tips about how other agents are generating real estate leads. If you don't know about their success you've not lost anything...right?
That's it. I could go on for another 15 - 20 "things to not do to generate real estate leads", but I think these five make the point...which by the way leads me to ask..."did you get it?"
That’s it for now. Here’s to your Real Estate Marketing Success! Lanard Perry
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Real Estate Leads.