Understandably, Generating Home Buyer and Seller Leads is a priority for many agents. After all, the only thing at stake is the sustainability of their career.
When done right, they can tap into renewable sources of leads. The rewards can be tremendous, and the buyers and sellers that flow from them can be life-changing.
I'm willing to bet dimes to dollars that you're overlooking simple but effective strategies that generate home buyer and seller leads. Is it a bet?
Let's look at the first 11 of them and rate your involvement.
1. Email Marketing. Even if you're already email marketing, there's a good chance you're only doing it half-heartedly. When you do it with a designed purpose, it can effectively generate renewable lead sources. Automatically and nearly effortlessly, 24/7/365 days a year. Many of which you can convert to paying customers.
2. Publish an E-zine. While e-zines can be time intensive, starting and maintaining, the rewards can be tremendous. E-zines differ from newsletters because they're only found online and in digital format.
However, the basic idea is the same. And that is to build a mailing list of subscribers, establish relationships by providing helpful information, and convert them to paying customers via repeat contacts.
3. Newsletters - while more straightforward to start than e-zines, most real estate agents never create and market newsletters! Consequently, they let leads slip away - day after day!
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - while supremely important to maximizing website lead-generating capabilities, many agents need a basic understanding of what SEO is. You can get the basics here.
5. Pay-Per-Click (PPC) - PPC is a form of internet-based advertising marketing where the advertiser pays a fee every time someone clicks on their ad.
6. Pay-Per-Lead (PPL) is a form of advertising where the advertiser pays a fee every time a lead is delivered.
7. Pay-Per-Action (PPA) is a form of advertising where the advertiser pays a fee when the advertising results in a specific action. Examples include filling out a form, making a phone call, showing a home, subscribing to a newsletter, etc.).
8. Pay-Per-Impression (PPI) may be the least expensive of pay-per-advertising options. In this one, the advertiser pays a fee just for someone seeing their ads, whether or not they take action.
9. Pay-Per-Sale (PPS). PPS is one of the costlier advertising methods in this list. In this scenario, the advertiser pays a fee only when they make a sale.
10. Free Classified Ads. Master the art of advertising for free. Google "free classifieds," and you'll find a wealth of places to advertise at no cost.
11. Lead Brokers. Buying Leads from a co-registration lead broker is another viable option for getting leads. While organically grown real estate leads are superior to bought ones, an argument can be made for bought ones if you can afford them.
Getting good and plentiful Home Buyer and Seller Leads is challenging, as evidenced by a high turnover in the industry, but it's doable.
Still, more than 80% of agents find it so hard that they enter and leave the field within five years. So, it begs the question - what do successful agents do that those destined to be a statistic don't?
Before I answer the question, you should understand that the race for the home buyer and seller leads is a marathon, not a sprint. I've said it before, but it's worth mentioning again - real estate sales is not an immediate gratification career.
Only a little happens fast when you're talking about real estate. So, instead of thinking hours and days, think weeks and months.
Still, you can and should do many things daily to establish a successful business.
One idea is to find a targeted audience interested in your services and then place yourself, or at least your marketing messages, where they are. For example, if you have a condo listing, a logical target to market is apartment dwellers!
Another idea is to establish a routine where you reach out to and communicate with at least ten potential home buyers and sellers daily. Lead generation is a numbers game - so the more people are exposed to your marketing messages, the more business you will generate. And the more focused your targeting messages are, the more effective your lead generation campaigns will be.
So, for the BIG Questions! Does your marketing plan include any of the strategies above? If yes, how many? If you're doing 6, or more, I say good for you. If you are - you're on the right track.
However, suppose you aren't! The good news is that you can pick up your pace and diversify your marketing strategies. Limiting yourself to going into the office and waiting for the phone to ring does not work. Home buyer and seller leads don't magically appear; you must work for them, and work for them, you must!
Thanks for reading this page, and I hope you found at least a few business expansion ideas you can implement starting today!
That's it for now and here's to your continued Real Estate Marketing Success!
Man and Arrows Image Courtesy of renjith krishnan at FreeDigitalPhotos.net